For an initial consultation of a maxillofacial surgeon it is necessary to have:
- Panoramic scan of the mouth (orthopantogram);
- Lateral head cephalogram (teleradiography);
- Dental plaster models that can be produced by your orthodontist.
Stages of initial consultation:
- Your doctor will examine your oral cavity;
- Visual inspection of dental plaster models, evaluation of x-ray scans. If the case is complex, a CT scan will be performed at the clinic;
- Discussion with your doctor regarding your occlusion problems, health problems, medical history;
- Your face will be photographed from the front and in profile;
- You will register for the next visit to discuss in order to discuss the treatment in details, i.e. for the presentation of the treatment plan.